Tuesday, April 3, 2012

back in L.A.

Hey ya'll. I am back after my three month blog hiatus. This is my first entry since graduating with my bachelors degree in one hand, a big fat academic bill in the other and not a clue in my mind of future vocations or happenings. Current status: living with the parents in a quaint suburban area of Culver City and surrounded by the glamor and materialism of Los Angelinos. It's really a drastic turn around from the hippie dippy/patchouli soaked Santa Cruz. Coming back to LA after living in such a counterculture kind of area, really puts my birthplace into perspective. There is still much to investigate on this side of the tracks though and living with the parents will not deter my adventures, nor will it dampen the exploratory possibilities of living in such a desirable city. I did drive through Beverly Hills today on my way to Franklin Canyon and I was given a huge eye gulp of  everything Santa Cruz is opposed to: the overpriced shops selling clothes that could only fit my sisters American Girl Doll and the suited men and women hustling for their afternoon sub and salad at Lagasse's new eatery. Does this sound kind of harsh? I didn't intend for that to sound as jeering as it did, but I can't help notice the permanent corporate culture congregated in that area.

However, unbeknownst to many Los Angelinos Franklin Canyon Park is nestled right in the hills adjacent to Coldwater Canyon Dr. and Mulholland Dr. A great getaway from the normative corporate miasma of Beverly Hills and hustle and bustle of the city. The canyon is the purported geographical  center of LA and did I mention Twin Peaks was shot here on more than one occasion ... oh yeah the strapping slicked backed haired Kyle Mclaughlin has walked these areas as Special Agent Dale Cooper with his tape recorder in hand and the log lady sauntering from tree to tree close by.




Now that I am a recent graduate, what better to do with my time than glue myself to my couch and finish the second season....



No comments:

Post a Comment