Saturday, July 7, 2012

wanderlusting.

I'm a little ashamed at how little I have been writing in this blog after I told myself I would make a conscious effort to write regularly...but life and friends and perfunctory tasks and the LA hustle and bustle seem to always get in the way. I also have a bit of a problem admitting I actually write on a blog as a Los Angeles resident. Might as well become a struggling actress and work part time at a cafe while I'm at it...right?

Anyways, I wanted this blog to be specifically designated around non personal issues and concentrated towards issues I found intriguing and/or inspiring. The last thing I wanted was this thing to become an online diary. I have a little red notebook I carry around with me where I jot down interesting facts and musings about things from Astrology to information about my new obsession with "The Dollars Trilogy." Sergio Leone is a spaghetti western deity, by the way!! Writing on here was supposed to be a digital manifestation of my little red book. I also wanted to steer away from personal ramblings about my life because I believe that websites like Facebook and Tumblr have come to a state where privacy, anonymity and mystery become null and void. Personal lives become publicly exploited and the information scattered around my news feed become bombarded with mundane commentary from people I wish never met or from people I wish I could suddenly see asphyxiate. And then it makes me wonder why people like to expose themselves so much to the world...join a nudist colony, guys!! ... amiright?! Also, seems like vis a vis conversations lately have been over run with gossip and "he did this" and "she did that's" which ultimately make me question the strength of an honest and genuine humanity. Sounds harsh, I know. This seems to be the mental climate I've been living in for a while. I am one step away from living in a musty old room, clad in a "Catitude" muumuu and denouncing the rowdy neighbors kids. (can't wait).


But for right now, I am going to be a little hypocritical and write about something personal. I dropped off a good friend of mine at the airport the other day who is flying to South America and couldn't help but think about traveling (of course) and the next country I will be fortunate enough to step foot on. This seems like a reality far from my present and I can't help right now but to recall back to my Asia experience. I can remember being in Singapore and attending school there with one of my best friends and feeling blissfully secluded from everything I was comfortable with. Sequestering myself from everything that Hollywood represented and fully marinating myself in a culture that was diametrically different from mine offered me a refreshing breath of fresh non polluted air that I will never forget. Taking my friend to the airport for her South American adventure and then driving back to the stagnancy of my home life was harder than I thought it would be. As of now, the closest thing I have to traveling right now is the "Learn how to Speak Spanish" podcasts I've been listening to in my car. "Le permite salir de este lugar" .... Escuchar y Repetir!

No comments:

Post a Comment